Monday, January 7, 2008

Live to Eat or Eat to Live?

For some people food has become a scary subject with the trans-fats, cholesterol, sodium, mad cow, salmonella, tainted spinach, etc... where people are afraid to eat anything. However, for me, food is fun. Food evokes fond memories.

One fond memory goes back to my college days when things weren't as hectic. I was learning how to play cribbage. The local supermarket deli made very popular breakfast burritos.

My version of those breakfast burritos


Fried potatoes - I used Ore-Ida Southern Style Hash Browns this time around.
Sausage - Jimmy Dean Brown and Serve Turkey Sausage
Sauteed mushrooms, onions, bell pepper and spinach
Scrambled Eggs
Salsa - This time we used Paul Newman's All Natural Chunky Salsa (A bit sweet for medium)
Shredded Cheese
Tapatio Hot Sauce

For the potatoes, I like adding a pinch of crumbled thyme and the sauteed veggies a pinch of tarragon.



Simple, delicious, filling and many fond memories.

No comments: